Rhian Brewster: Liverpool youngster determined to repay Jurgen Klopp faith by proving himself as first-team option

Rhian Brewster: Liverpool youngster determined to repay Jurgen Klopp faith by proving himself as first-team option
Liverpool youngster Rhian Brewster is eager to repay the faith shown in him by manager Jurgen Klopp by proving himself as an option for the first-team and having a long-term future at Anfield.Brewster, 18, has been out injured with ankle and knee problems for the last 13 months, however, as he is so highly rated, Liverpool gave him his first professional five-year contract last summer.Brewster signed his first professional contract with Liverpool last summer3
Brewster signed his first professional contract with Liverpool last summer
Klopp has already highlighted pre-season with his squad as the point Brewster should focus on, but the Reds boss has kept in close contact with the teenager, reassuring him about his future plans.“It has been a frustrating time, I’ve been out for a long time and I don’t wish that on anyone,” Brewster said, speaking at a Safer Internet Day hosted by the club through their Red Neighbours partnership.“It’s happened and I’m finally back fit and doing what I love and pushing to get back in the team. “To know that the boss really wants me to be in his plans for the future is amazing, especially a boss like him.“They could easily have left me at the academy to do my rehab but they wanted me to do my rehab with them, so I can’t thank them enough.“During this injury I’ve had that, he has been there from beginning to the end and to know he still wants me – even though it’s been so long – gives me a great boost.Brewster says he has had many ‘Klopp hugs’ despite having not featured for the first-team yet3
Brewster says he has had many ‘Klopp hugs’ despite having not featured for the first-team yet
“Every time I see him he gives me a big hug. Not only him, every time I see the players they are asking about how I am, ‘How long?’, they can’t wait for me to be back in training and hopefully make my debut this year, if not next.”Even though he got the reward of a long contract last summer, Brewster will not rest on his laurels.The long lay-off has made him even more determined to return ready to stake his claim for a place alongside Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane.“It’s not really comfort because I don’t like the comfort zone,” the 2017 Under-17 World Cup winner said of his contract.Brewster won the Under-17 World Cup with England in 20173
Brewster won the Under-17 World Cup with England in 2017
“I like to work hard for my stuff so the injury and trying to get back fit, working hard, is all I’ve been doing.“I want to prove to everyone that the boss has kept faith in me for a reason and I want to prove to everyone that I’m good enough to be in the first team.“When I’m back, that is what I hope to do. It doesn’t stop, I’ll keep pushing myself.“I’ve got to keep going and hopefully I’m here for longer than five years.”
View this post on Instagram Hopes and Dreams… #TheKopA post shared by RhianBrewster (@rhianbrewster) on
Brewster was attending a Safer Internet Day at Anfield where 500 schoolchildren learned about online safety.The striker admits his social media profile has helped him during the tough rehabilitation period.“I’ve been out for a long time and it’s good to know people are still there and still believing in me and what I can do. Social media, especially Instagram, has helped me a lot,” he said.“I know it sounds crazy but I’m some kids’ idol, so at such a young age I know my what social media imposes on me.“They may not see me in real life so for them to see my social media, that’s maybe the only way they can get close to me so it is really important not just for me but them as well.“The good side is that I have a lot of fans who want to know how I’m doing and my progress but you get some people who are trolls who hate, people who just want to put you down but I laugh at them to be honest.”

Mark Hughes started his managerial career with his country
Manchester United transfer news: Daniel James to undergo his

Neil Warnock will help improved this average if he avoids relegation with the Bluebirds this campaign

Dec 09, 2018 · David Luiz could be forced out by Chelsea's over-30s contract policy This article is more than 5 months old • Club only offers one-year contract extensions to over-30s
Transfer news LIVE updates: Real Madrid, Chelsea, Man Utd

Virgil van Dijk and co beat Tottenham 2-0 in the Champions League final earlier this month

Dutch striker Vivianne Miedema is one of three players from title-chasing Arsenal included in the 2019 PFA Women's Super League Team of the Year. Miedema - who is the division's top scorer with 21
Vivianne Miedema among three Arsenal players in PFA Women's

Liverpool’s current players have turned Anfield into a fortress

Man City boss Pep Guardiola has suggested that Kevin de Bruyne could be in line to return to face Liverpool on Thursday night. The Premier League title rivals meet at the Etihad in what is a
Man City news: Kevin De Bruyne could MISS Liverpool clash

The new stadium is starting to take shape for Spurs

The best footballers in the world at every age from 18 to 41-years-old, featuring Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and Kylian Mbappe Cristiano Ronaldo is still performing at an elite level having
~ The best footballers in the world at every age from 18 to

Jamie Vardy rescued a point for Leicester
Women's World Cup round-up: Germany scrape past China, Spain

The Citizens have had an average Premier League position of 9

CHELSEA are on alert after Bayern Munich's Robert Lewandowski was offered to top European clubs. Bayern Munich Borussia Dortmund Inter Milan Chelsea news
Chelsea keen on Lewandowski and Isak moves - Read Chelsea

Rangers boss Steven Gerrard has identified Grant as a potential signing

Manchester United's Premier League top-four hopes were ended after being held to a 1-1 draw by Huddersfield Town at the John Smith's Stadium on Sunday.. Scott McTominay put United in front with an
Huddersfield 1-1 Man Utd: Isaac Mbenza ends Red Devils' top

Benayoun was a star performer for West Ham on their return to the Premier League

Kepa Arrizabalaga made a number of fine saves in return to Chelsea's starting XI The Blues' No 1 was dropped after refusing to come off in Carabao Cup final Maurizio Sarri insists the the furore
Chelsea fans REJOICE at Kepa Arrizabalaga's first-team return

If wages are what Bale cares about, a move to China might appeal to him.

'Your own pride has to kick in' - Roy Keane urges Manchester United players to take more responsibility ahead of Liverpool game suggested the current crop should take more responsibility
'Your own pride has to kick in' - SportsAlert

The midfielder in action for Sheffield United

Tottenham Hotspur fans who can't make it to their new stadium's opening match have all been wondering the same thing - will the match be televised? Spurs have confirmed that, test events and safety certificates allowing, they will open their new 62,062-seater stadium on April 3 with the Premier League match against Crystal Palace.
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Wikipedia

Scholes was one of the most gifted players of his generation

Latest Paper Talk Monday June 22 Sergio Ramos' Real Madrid future is hanging in the balance and Manchester United could use David de Gea as leverage to bring the Spain defender to

Coutinho was a menace all night to Spurs

Alex McLeish hasn't given up hope of convincing Angus Gunn to choose Scotland over England as the goalkeeper weighs up his international future.. The Southampton No1 has played for England at every level from the Under-16s to the Under-21s but is yet to receive a call-up to the senior side.
Southampton keeper Angus Gunn has the choice to play for

No comments:

Post a Comment